Managing Utility Surveyor
RGL Surveys are a young dynamic Land Surveying practice offering all aspects of topographic, measured building and engineering surveys, using the latest surveying equipment.
We are based in Buckinghamshire and are looking for an experienced individual with drive and ambition to lead expansion into utility surveying, to form and shape this new department.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum 3 years experience undertaking utility surveys and have a complete understanding of detecting and mapping buried utilities. Disciplines to include elctromagnetic, GPR detection, drainage and sewage mapping, using the latest survey equipment. You will have a track record of planning daily activities including attracting new business, relationship building, equipment procurement, writing and developing procedures and survey briefs. We are looking for an individual who is hugely self-motivated with a desire to build and forge a successful utility surveying department. You will be responsible for research and procurement of sufficient hardware and software, personnel and all aspects of in-house administration, with use of the existing admin team based at our office in Westcott, Bucks.
You will be working with an existing director to build a team that reflects your personality and drive. Ability to work alone and part of a team is essential, flexibly and throughout the UK, mostly South East. Some over night stops may be required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Complete understanding of detecting and mapping buried utilities
- Electromagnetic, GPR detection, drainage and sewage mapping
- AutoCAD, SCC, Leica Total Station, RTK GPS
- Highly motivated with a can do attitude
- Full UK driving licence
- GCSE grade A-C or above in Maths and English
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Understanding of PAS128
- 5 years experience
- Higher qualification in relevant discipline e.g. QCF Level 3
- Competitive Salary based on your experience and vision
- Commission based on new business
- Pension + Employers contribution
- Company Van
- Allowance for Overnight Stay
- Company Credit Card
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Ongoing training
- Christmas Shutdown
£23,000 – £29,000 per annum, + OTE
Interested candidates should send your CV and a cover letter via email to Scot Gear, ref Utility Manager, email@example.com